LOCAL EMERGENCY PLANNING COMMITTEE
Friday, May 31, 2002 – 2:00 p.m.
Dave Dlugolenski Gary Zgutowicz
David Brown Earl Hilson
Bobby Brown Bill Foster
John Tebeau Elizabeth Bailey
Randy Barrs Art Rider
Debra Beasley Buck Griffith
The Augusta-Richmond County Local Emergency Planning Committee meeting was held on Friday May 31, 2002 at 2:00 p.m. The meeting was held at the EMA conference room. The meeting went as follows:
1. Dave Dlugolenski, Coordinator/Treasurer called the meeting to order, the roll was called and a quorum was not present.
B. TREASURERS REPORT.
1. EXPENDITURE REPORT/ANNUAL FINANCIAL REVIEW: Dave Dlugolenski, Secretary/Treasurer gave the members an update on the status of the LEPC account.
C. OTHER BUSINESS:
1. The LEPC has received a Hazmat Preparedness grant in the amount of $5,850. The LEPC must decide how to use these funds by the end of 2002. One area to consider will be Hazmat training and exercises.
2. There will be a Consequence Management exercise conducted in Richmond County September 21-25. This exercise will be conducted in two phases: Phase I (21-24 Sept) – training. Phase II – Exercise. Phase I training will be conducted by a variety of agencies, i.e. Department of Justice, G.E.M.A., American Red Cross, etc. Some of the possible training to be conducted may include: First Responder, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Mass Casualty Management, Hazmat, Shelter Management, Disaster Mental Health, etc. Training will be open to the public; however priority for selection will be CAER, LEPC, EOC staff, Dive Team, and local industry. Phase II will occur on 25 September. We anticipate participation by eight states from across the Southeast. Federal Agencies such as FEMA and the FBI are also expected to be participants.
3. The Augusta-Richmond County EMA has submitted a grant request for hazard vulnerability and risk assessment/mitigation planning. By 2003 all counties within Georgia will be required to have a hazard mitigation/vulnerability plan in place prior to Federal funds being made available even with a Federal declaration of a disaster.
4. The LEPC will conduct a special meeting on Wednesday 12, June 2002 starting at 11:00 a.m. in the EMA conference room. Monsanto has agreed to sponsor the June 12 meeting.
With no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned.
The next LEPC meeting will held on June 12,2002 At the Emergency Management Agency starting at 11:00 a.m.